POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Makehuman 1.0.0 is here! : Re: Makehuman 1.0.0 is here! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Makehuman 1.0.0 is here!
From: gregjohn
Date: 2 Mar 2009 17:55:00
Message: <web.49ac63bdfea29af834d207310@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> I'm still enhancing the POV-Ray export functionality, so if anyone has any
> spiffing ideas, or wants to help, let me know.

Here's a view of the X-ray texturing option from the povray export.  It's really
cool.  I'm assuming the diamond-shaped artifacts are patches with their normals
flipped? Is that in makehuman itself or the generated pov export?

Chris, I have a question about the way it handles weight.  Right now, all it
does is create grotesque folds of fat around the belly.  In actual humans,
there are other parts of the body that get rounder, jollier, and
more-interesting-looking as one's weight increases.  I had a very brief
conversation with the project lead guy at the mh forum.  Would it provide any
help at all to get the mesh and ask a community (like blenderforums) to
collaborate on making more jolly-looking heavy people?   From what you know of
the project, would it actually be a needed help, or just antagonize folks, or
be hopelessly impractical due to IP or file format issues?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'makehuman_nilotid025.png' (120 KB)

Preview of image 'makehuman_nilotid025.png'
makehuman_nilotid025.png